grml 1.0 hasn't installed yet

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Sat Aug 11 17:59:48 EDT 2007

I used fdisk and created hda1 as type 82 linux swap/solaris.  I created
hda2 as the slash partition.  grml2hd now complains about hda1 not seeming
to be a linux partition and it's right that could be a solaris partition
too. What I don't know is if I create a 20gb partition and leave 256MB
without a partition is grml2hd capable of making that 256MB a swap
partition by itself or will it freak out again since it wasn't given a
swap partition? I could also simply partition the whole 20GB as a single
type 83 linux partition and find out if grml2hd will freak out over not
having a swap partition available.  Normally when possible I make the swap
partition the first since that way I have the right size for it and on
versions of Linux that will allow it I can use the rest of the drive for
remaining partitions.