Whence zinf?

John Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Fri Aug 10 19:39:11 EDT 2007

It looks as if zinf has been removed from the debian archives. This is a
bummer for me because I really liked the fast forward feature. I record TV
shows quite a bit (just the sound) and I like being able to skip through the
boring parts.

So I went to the zinf homepage and the download page for debs sends you to a
broken link at debian.org.

Rather than compiling it, I thought maybe I'd switch to something else. Any
suggestions? I've tried alsaplayer-text and cplayer. I think cplayer is
supposed to have a fast forward feature but it doesn't seem to work.