considering gentoo over debian

Georgina Joyce gena-j at bulldoghome.com
Sat Aug 4 04:15:28 EDT 2007

Hi

I hope you get on with gentoo, but if I read your message right your going to be very disappointed.  It seems that you want to just do a couple of commands and have every thing installed.  This maybe alright for Windows, but with Linux you have choice, why install that software you don't want.  If I may be so bold to suggest that you stick with Fedora.

What you say about debian is simply not true, of course it has those packages and you have the freedom to choose what you want and that you don't.  Your Windows mind set needs adapting to accommodate freedom.  If you want a deb based distro, have you looked at ubuntu?

Regards

Gena

Amateur Call: M 0 E B P

VOIP / IM: gena1959uk