Unable to use espeak with orca

Michael Whapples mikster4 at msn.com
Mon Apr 30 10:08:12 EDT 2007

Alternatively you can use the gnome-speech espeak module. I have managed
to get the espeak gnome-speech driver to go through alsa. If you want
more details on this I can give them.

It would be good for those with slower computers where lag is going to
be more noticable to compare the two ways of using espeak. I found that
speech-dispatcher lead to less chance of speech becoming choppy, but
there were times (eg. when changing folders in evolution, using
evolutions mail folder list) did have a bit of a lag with
speech-dispatcher.

From
Michael Whapples