VmWare

Alex Snow alex_snow at gmx.net
Wed Apr 18 11:45:28 EDT 2007

The 6.10 iso uses flite (or festival, I forget which) as its tts.
THis has issues with vmware for some reason...give 7.04 a try, it
switched to espeak which fixes the static problem.
On Wed, Apr 18, 2007
at 08:56:48AM -0500, Brent Harding wrote:
> I tried this with VMWare Player. I was going to load up the Ubuntu 6.10 iso
> and install it on a virtual machine this way. I used easyvmx.com to generate
> the proper files and chose the ES whatever sound card it would use by
> default. Everything seemed to go OK until Orca loaded, and I got odd
> static-like noises instead of speech. I think sound is definitely broken
> some how in VMWare Player. I might uninstall that and try server instead.

Ok, I'm just uploading the new version of the kernel, v1.3.33, also
known as "the buggiest kernel ever".
	-- Linus Torvalds