VmWare

Zachary Kline Z_kline at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 15 21:23:10 EDT 2007

Howdy,
    I'm glad to be able to report that I was able to get a fully speakup-enabled installation of Gentoo Linux onto a VmWare image.  This helps solve some rather annoying problems with my particular computer, specifically the cdrom drive being a little flaky.
    I've found that Espeak works very well in the virtual machine, and that in general unless I'm doing something intensive--like compilation--the performance is great.
    I'm actually rather proud of myself in that I was able to do this installation without sighted help, something which I had previously needed.
I'll stop rambling now.
Thanks for listening,
Zack.