linux, windows and vmware

Alex Snow alex_snow at gmx.net
Wed Apr 11 20:49:23 EDT 2007

yYou should have no problem running linux in vmware using your
hardware synth provided the machine has a physical serial port.  I
have both fedora and debian running in a copy of vmware on top of
windows here and it works fine, you just have to go into the settings
page for the virtual machine and add a serial port mapped to the
physical serial port on your machine.
On
Wed, Apr 11, 2007 at 08:02:33AM -0600, l84ad8r at gmail.com wrote:
> Hello all, had a quick question, and, this is the only place I could
> think of to ask.
> I am currently running a windows xp pro installation on my laptop,
> but, also run a debian build on a side junk pc that I have. The first
> thing I want to know is: Can I boot a speakup enabled linux, and use
> my hardware synth through vmware? Not sure how I would have to go
> about setting up the serial port issue, and, if that will not work,
> what would it take to get vmware running on linux, and, from there,
> running xp on the vm once I had it going? Would I be able to use
> screen readers in that vm, or, would I run into any trouble?
> I am really new to all this, so, all the help I can get would be wonderful.
> Thanks bunches.

Manchmal stehe nachts auf und installier's mir einfach...
	-- H0arry @ IRC