linux, windows and vmware

l84ad8r at gmail.com l84ad8r at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 10:02:33 EDT 2007

Hello all, had a quick question, and, this is the only place I could
think of to ask.
I am currently running a windows xp pro installation on my laptop,
but, also run a debian build on a side junk pc that I have. The first
thing I want to know is: Can I boot a speakup enabled linux, and use
my hardware synth through vmware? Not sure how I would have to go
about setting up the serial port issue, and, if that will not work,
what would it take to get vmware running on linux, and, from there,
running xp on the vm once I had it going? Would I be able to use
screen readers in that vm, or, would I run into any trouble?
I am really new to all this, so, all the help I can get would be wonderful.
Thanks bunches.