about the latest ubuntu

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Tue Apr 3 15:48:31 EDT 2007

This will be OK for Speakup and the console, but I suspect it will prove
quite sluggish for Gnome. I suspect your RAM will be pretty much
consumed before you've even launched applications judging from the
memory usage I'm seeing on my laptop.

PS: My X31 is just over 1Gb cpu but a P4 with 1Gb RAM. It's adequate,
but I would not call it snappy.