about the latest ubuntu

Brent Harding bharding at doorpi.net
Tue Apr 3 12:08:23 EDT 2007

Oh, I was hoping I could bypass the need for sighted help. That is because
if it doesn't just jump out with an error, things will get hard to figure
out. I don't know how to disable the wave device on the modem, and the USB
is all 1.1 or 1.0, so I doubt my USB headset will do much as it's a 2.0
device. If there is a chip for sound on the motherboard with no connectors
hooked to it, I hope the Bios disabled it beyond Linux's reach as 98 never
detected it, even after a reformat. It only found the wave device on the
modem and the SB Live. If I bought a speaker phone, I wonder if the modem
would power it and put speech through it? I have no phone line hooked to the
computer because I have no dialup accounts to use it with anyways0.