about the latest ubuntu

Brent Harding bharding at doorpi.net
Mon Apr 2 22:08:24 EDT 2007

Oh, I found the site that has the install instructions with speech for
Ubuntu. The problem is that on my old machine, after waiting for what seems
like ever, I get no sound from the Sound Blaster Live Value card to do
things with Orca. Is there a way to do a Speakup-based text install with
Ubuntu since it seems like that is just one of those cards Ubuntu doesn't
ship a driver for on the live CD? If so, I could use my double talk PC to
install and compile whatever needs compiling to make it work once I have
speech available to do it.