best boot loader to use

Georgina Joyce gena-j at bulldoghome.com
Mon Apr 2 18:43:08 EDT 2007

Hi

Well if you can boot into debian, how can you say your boot loader isn't working?  Could it not be that you've made an error in the FC entry?  Your kernel name is different to that of mine as you can see from the file I sent some time ago.

For some reason, I couldn't get the format you have used to work.  So you might want to put the (hd0,2) on the kernel line and initrd lines. As in my example.

Providing you don't touch the debian lines, you will be alright and you'll get into your FC installation.

I've mainly used lilo and only recently moved to grub and I can tell you that they both do the same job but are quite different in their approaches.  If you want a steeper learning curve switch over to lilo when you've got FC booting.

BTW:
Did you check that those tab spaces have not caused the line to wrap as in your post to me?

Regards

Gena

Amateur Call: M 0 E B P

VOIP / IM: gena1959uk