OT: a speakup success story (Re: couple linux(deb) questions)

C.M. Brannon cmbrannon at cox.net
Mon Apr 2 11:47:27 EDT 2007

"John Heim" <jheim at math.wisc.edu> writes:

>> Hmm, just wondering, why install apache on a laptop? Are you using it
>> as a server? That seems like a limit on a laptop's potential to me,
>
> I took it to job interviews and used it to show off my web apps.
I do this sort of thing all the time, in a classroom setting.
Our database design course has a strong focus on database-driven web
programming in JSP & Java.
The class uses Oracle for the database system.
So I run Apache Tomcat and Oracle's sqlplus client on my laptop.  My prof
can see that my web programs are doing what they're supposed to do.
My sighted peers are using JDeveloper, which isn't a very practical development
environment for a blind person.
-- Chris