orca on ubuntu

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Sat Sep 30 20:55:19 EDT 2006

I managed to get orca up and talking some on ubuntu livecd but never did
manage to get much after orca switched to focus track mode.  I had
everything enabled in setup except braille and braille monitor and the
control-alt-backslash key combination produced to log back into ubuntu
didn't appear to do anything but I suppose running orca for the second
time and not hearing the setup menu might serve as confirmation.  I have
to do some research to learn orca's commands but would like to know will
it be necessary to enable caret mode before running the install command or
am I likely to be better off doing a remote kickstart install then just
dealing with all of this stuff after the install?