Audigy 2 value, anyone?

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckh at ftml.net
Tue Sep 26 05:22:11 EDT 2006

Thanks for that. The capturing is important though, since what I've got
on the motherboard already does that. It's a 24 bit system, and a cut
above the sblive world. If I could only figure out how to make it
capture and accept analog inputs, I'd forego a card.

Chuck

On Mon, Sep 25, 2006 at 10:13:51PM -0400, ace wrote:
> I don't know anything about capturing, but it is a good card at a very
> affordable price from Newegg.  It has its own chip and processor thus is
> not a wincard, either.
>
> Chuck Hallenbeck wrote:
> >>From what I can figure out, the Creative Labs Audigy 2 Value PCI card
> > looks like a good buy, and gets great reviews. I am seriously thinking
> > of springing for one, and wonder if anyone is using it, and in
> > particular if it handles capturing okay. My Intel motherboard sound
> > subsystem sounds great, but lacks the ability to capture, and I can't
> > make the thing accept signals from line or mike.
> >
> > Any experience of folks here would be most welcome, since I know that
> > sound capability is important to lots of folks here, myself included.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Chuck
> >

> --
> ace
> Network Administrator of
> irc.talkingirc.net
> http://www.talkingirc.net

Only 10 kinds of people: those who do binary, and those who do not.
But you can get a few downloads from http://www.mhcable.com/~chuckh