Speakup and kernel 2.6.18

Austin Seraphin au at sunbeem.net
Tue Sep 26 00:32:09 EDT 2006

Thanks for posting this, as I also wished to try the new kernel. Please post
when the cvs has updated. Thanks.

I wanted to try the latest Alsa. I don't know if it will help my problem, but it
can't hurt. I have had the damndest time getting a Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS
working. It plays local files, but doesn't do well on remote streams. More
importantly perhaps, darkice, which broadcasts sound to a shoutcast server,
totally slows down the system. Oddly, it runs a little faster using OSS
emulation, but not much, and I still consider it highly unacceptable. I
currently use kernel 2.7.17.8 with ALSA version 1.0.11rc4. Kernel 2.7.18 has
Alsa 1.0.12rc1. Sorry for the slight digression.