rescue CD for debian sarge linux with speakup

propaine propaine at verizon.net
Mon Sep 25 10:49:28 EDT 2006

I downloaded GRML in August.  I just tried using the

grml swspeak

command, but got no speech.  (The command

grml speakup_synth=ltlk

works fine.)

Is the swspeak bit new?  Aside from that, is it meant to load software
speech?  I ask because I wonder whether my problem is with the connection to
the speakers, which I haven't used for anything since installing Fedora with
Speakup two years ago.

Thanks!

Propaine