Installing Speakup on Fc5

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Tue Sep 19 03:59:35 EDT 2006

Not sure why you particularly want to run an older kernel? Best answer I
could give specifically to running an older kernel is "Maybe." If you
have the need, try it. You have nothing to lose.

Please note that up to date kernels which include Speakup are available
at:

ftp://speakupmodified.org/fedora/speakupmodified/5/RPMS/

Please note that these rpm packages install a default initrd.img file.
You will probably want to create your own in order to better support
your particular speech synthesizer using the mkinitrd command. Follow
the instructions in the old Installation HOWTO.