General questions from someone who's never used Speakup...

Chris Norman cnorman at rnibncw.ac.uk
Tue Sep 19 03:39:45 EDT 2006

Espeak (http://espeak.sourceforge.net) is a little program that will fit on
a floppy disk about 3 times, it's a speech synthesizer, doesn't take much to
compile either. Just install portaudio, and then edit the make file,
putting -lpthread at the end of the libs= line, then type make. Copy the
directory espeak-data to /usr/share and you should be good to go.

HTH,

Chris Norman
<!-- chris.norman4 at ntlworld.com -->