user name password change

Ned Granic ngranic at cox.net
Sun Sep 17 20:08:03 EDT 2006

Where am I loging from?
The shell -- I thinks.
on startup I loged in as root (and messed up the password), then exited (the
exit command), then tried to log in again as user by using the user name I
created during the installation process.

I tried to use the base-config command to reset the user name and passwords,
and it just kicks me back to the config window from which I could only
choose the "finished configuration" option.

One more question; is w3m browser accessible with speakup at all? At least
in my class I couldn't open one single link.

It's Debian 2.6.17 box.

Many thanks in advance!
Ned