raids

Ned Granic ngranic at cox.net
Sat Sep 9 04:40:40 EDT 2006

Thanks Greg for your promptness.

Yes, I am, and in fact succeeded in setting up the software raid 1 in
Debian/New 2.6.

I messed up while matching the partitions and did not quite understand the
error message; impatience  or what. But now everything is clear.
Yes, nothing has changed as far as partitioning each drive separately goes,
but why with different file systems?

I know nothing about hardware raids.

Anyway, I dug my self out of the ditch and found out what was the problem;
one needs to be careful when checking things with the space bar since
speakup "read line" command will miss that asterisk in front of the
designated line, so we need to verify it with the char-by-char navigation.

And that thing is now working!

Thanks for the site as well!
Cheers!
Ned