A couple problems

Michael Whapples mikster4 at msn.com
Tue Oct 31 03:54:14 EST 2006

> Hello,
For espeak, if compiling, you probably need the devel rpm for portaudio.

For festival, just executing "festival --server" will not return to the
shell, so scripts cannot continue. The solution is to use start-stop-daemon
starting festival in the background, if festival was from a rpm you probably
have a script installed in the startup script directory, you just need that
to be executed on start up (I don't know how you do this on fedora).

From
Michael Whapples