kernel config default synth

John Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Fri Oct 27 15:36:30 EDT 2006

I've been trying to make a kernel that  has a default synthesiser for
speakup. But when I'm in menuconfig, I can't figure out how to type it in.

If I cursor down to the end of the list of synthesizers, it says, "Enter the
3 to 6 character keyword from the list above or none" One more down arrow
says  "none choose default synthesizer for speakup". But it doesn't seem to
allow me to enter the value.

I even got sighted assistance and they couldn't figure it out either.
Unfortunately, my helper didn't know anything about using menuconfig.
Admittedly, I'm no expert either.