udev, was: Re: File system erase the softsynth device

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckh at ftml.net
Tue Oct 24 14:03:56 EDT 2006

I am running Debian unstable, and some time ago when my routine upgrades
suggested it, I let it switch from hotplug to udev, and it went
smoothly, no problems. I don't have a /dev/softsynth at the moment,
since I am using my ltlk, but the moment I switch to software speech,
/dev/softsynth is created automatically, and the change over is smooth.

I am also using 2.6.18 here.

Only 10 kinds of people: those who do binary, and those who do not.
But you can get a few downloads from http://www.mhcable.com/~chuckh