ancient speech synthesizers

Marcel Oats moats at orcon.net.nz
Fri Oct 13 00:17:31 EDT 2006

Most Mbs now have the BPB (bios parameter block) stored outside the
actual file that makes the bios.  Normally, the bios file that you
can save, should be around 512 kb in size.  If we're going to get
into a discussion on accessing bios technology, we might want to take
it off-list, but I believe you would still be faced with the issue of
different mb manufacturers using different formats.  Indeed, Asus
(the maker of the board on all systems here accept for the server)
use a completely different bpb format to Gigabyte.

Ideally, as mentioned earlier, it'd be a case of manufactures writing
a utility, or perhaps a third party writing the skeleton, and the
manufacturers writing templates to fit into the infrastructure.

Marcel