ot: wav to mp3 linux tool?

Karen Lewellen klewellen at shellworld.net
Wed Oct 11 12:53:52 EDT 2006

Thanks for all of the terrific suggestions for this.
I must agree with the statement below.
Technically mp3 is a lesser quality sound compression structure, the
assumption is that the market cannot tell the difference, given computer
sound in general is not so great.
Still as better quality formats come out that still allow you to send
sound in a  smaller package I think this will fade.
I am an aif fan myself,  but I am more of a real disc on a real stereo
person most of all, grin.
Still my broadcast markets want mp3, so I am thankful for the help here.
Karen