Can't figure out how to use cops to print to a network print server

Mike Keithley mkeithley at pobox.com
Tue Oct 10 23:03:08 EDT 2006

I stumbled on the solution to this problem.  On the CUPS website, I found
a networking document that addressed how to access standalone print
servers on a network (as opposed to accessing print servers on other
machines).  This document listed proper protocols for various devices, and
my Linksys PSUS print server was on the list!  So, the correct URI for
this server is
ldp://ip-address/lp
In my case, it is actually:
ldp://192.168.1.100/lp.
I set that router address to be a static IP address, and the system works
great now.

Mike Keithley