2.6.18 looking good

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckh at ftml.net
Sat Oct 7 15:37:39 EDT 2006

Kirk and all,

Just successfully patched kernel 2.6.18 with today's speakup patches,
compiled it and it is now running as we speak.

I am using essentially the config prepared by Shane for the 2.6.17
kernel image he prepared, making only those changes associated with the
newer kernel. So I guess it contains a lot of fluff, such as the initrd,
the smp selection, oodles of modules I will never use, etc. It took 40
minutes to compile on this 2.8 GHz Pentium 4 with a GB of ram and a 250
GB SATA drive.

Thanks for all the great work on this access tool. It really does a job.

Chuck

--
The Moon is Waning Gibbous (99% of Full)
Only 10 kinds of people: those who do binary, and those who do not.