slackware 11.0 and speakup

Joshua Lambert josh at techlab.cviatlanta.org
Thu Oct 5 00:56:30 EDT 2006

Hi all,
I am considering making an alternate iso of install disk 1 available that
has speakup compiled into the huge26.s kernel  I bugged Patrick for half
of the last slackware-current period to include speakup in the 2.6 kernel
since it would give access to so much more functionality and have better
responsiveness.   If anyone else is interested, let me know and I'll make
it and host it on an ftp sight.  Also, portaudio doesn't appear in slack
to date, so it would mean packaging to progs.
Cheers,
Josh