A minor change to espeak-generic.conf

Michael Whapples mikster4 at msn.com
Wed Oct 4 18:09:22 EDT 2006

As I did most of the writing of the original espeak-generic.conf file, here
are some of the reasons.
Espeak is very poor in responsiveness on one of the sound cards in my
desktop when using portaudio. This seems to be the sound card as the other
sound card and my laptop work fine with portaudio. By using aplay, this
solved the issue, and also at the time meant that alsa was used for output.
So some may be able to get away without aplay, but things seem more reliable
with it.
The comment in the file about the punctuation, is to do with the
echo "$DATA" as there seemed to be a problem when handing some punctuation
to speak as an option. This may have changed now, but was needed at the time
(something like version 1.08).

Hope this answers the question
From
Michael Whapples