speech-dispatcher questions

Michael Whapples mikster4 at msn.com
Thu Nov 30 12:30:27 EST 2006

Hello,
As I said in a different message I am wanting the apollo to work with orca,
so if there is a different way to get it working, then that is fine. I did
notice that orca can use emacspeak servers, but it doesn't support the
apollo in the orca module, it may just need adding, or may be missed out due
to the reasons you mentioned (index marks).

I understand what you say about software synthesisers (and do use them in
other cases), but in this case, as I have the hardware synthesiser, it is
being used on a desktop where I have a high quality sound card and plan to
get as much from it in quality as possible (and software speech gets in the
way), you hopefully understand some of the reasons to use the hardware synth
in my case. Admittedly these arguments may not be strong enough if I had to
buy the synth, and I may look at alternatives such as the second sound card
for speech output, but as I have the synth so no extra cost to use it.

From
Michael Whapples