speech-dispatcher questions

Michael Whapples mikster4 at msn.com
Tue Nov 28 07:26:02 EST 2006

Hello,
I have a few questions.

How can I get my apollo synth working with speech-dispatcher? I noticed the apollo.conf file in the modules directory, but no sign of it in the speechd.conf file to add the module. I tried the following line without the quotes surrounding the entire line
"AddModule "apollo"    "sd_apollo"    "apollo.conf""
and changed the default module to apollo, but nothing. Any way to use the apollo with orca?

I also noticed that when using orca with speech-dispatcher through gnome-speech I was unable to change the voice of espeak. I think that there has been work to make speech-dispatcher work directly with orca, but wasn't sure which project it is at the freebsoft website (I thought that was where the work was done).

Any help with the above would be welcome.

From
Michael Whapples