gentoo iptables problem

John Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Fri Nov 17 08:41:30 EST 2006

Well, I don't know anything about gen2 but it sounds as if the kernel was
compiled w/o the ip_tables module.  I don't know exactly where that is in
the kernel config but I would imagine that like any other module, you can
compile it into the kernel, compile it as a module, or not compile it at
all. You'd have to check your kernel config.

But you should be able to say 'modinfo ip_tables' and get info about the
module if it has been built. If modinfo prints a notice that  there is no
such module, you're going to have to recompile your kernel or download a new
pre-compiled one.