startech serial card

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckh at ftml.net
Mon Nov 13 13:57:45 EST 2006

I didn't buy a brand name, I had someone put one together for me. The
motherboard is the critical component, and most Intel motherboards will
work fine. The newer ones might require newer kernels. Others here would
have better recommendations than this, but I would be biased against
buying a brand name that might come with Windows already installed. No
point paying for an OS you might not need. Also, the brand names are
more likely to have components that do not support Linux, i.e.
components whose specs are held in secrecy.

Chuck