DecTalk ISA Annoyances!

Radical NetSurfer radsurfer at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 11 21:46:39 EST 2006

For some reason I am finding my new DecTalk ISA card
goes into some weird mode where the 1st digit of a
rank expression is lost, for example:

1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th,

when this problem happens, the very 1st digit is
totally ignored, I mean it is never spoken, and it
spells out the other 2 letters however.

Would anyone out there know what causes this?
Some unusual character stream from a text file might
do this; change into some mode I'm not aware of, if so
how do I pin it down?

I heard that maxi-aids websight was selling their
DecTalk ISA OEM cards, apparently due to some silly
rumor ISA is deprecated, there is absolutely no
documentation, no driver disk, just the card itself.
So I decided I would get two of them for their amazing
closeout price.  If we can get USB to support ISA
cards, I am going to be very excited about having
these
cards on hand.

I hope this is appropriate, but I would like to know
where I might be able to find a working DoubleTalk LT
unit.  I am able to repair the serial cable to any
working LT that simply requires a new serial cable.
If you have a reasonable price on a more-or-less
working DT unit, please email me directly.

RadSurfer at yahoo.com

Thanks.

//Rich//