installing remotely

Tom Moore tom at tomstroubleshooting.com
Thu Nov 9 07:45:54 EST 2006

If my memory serves me right the instructions are:
At the boot prompt once you put the cd in the drive type:
Text telnet ksdev=/dev/eth0 ip=www.xxx.yyy.zzz netmask=www.xxx.yyy.zzz
gateway=www.xxx.yyy.zzz
/dev/eth0 being the first network card in the machine that Fedora detects.
I believe you can use dhcp as well, but if you do that then you'll have to
hunt around for the machine to see what ip it was given by the dhcp server
so when I do an install like this I can always know where the machine is.

Tom