Accessible player?

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Wed Nov 8 22:02:22 EST 2006

I agree with the mplayer recommendation, but strongly disagree that
especially a newbie try installing something as complex as mplayer from
source tar balls. Rather, use the package management strategies
appropriate to your distribution, e.g. on Fedora use yum. To use yum to
install mplayer on Fedora:

1.)	Get and install the livna repository pointers appropriate to
your version of Fedora. Get the rpm from http://rpm.livna.org.

2.) Once livan is correctly ensconsed in your /etc/yum.repos.d/, do:

yum install mplayer

3.)	Read a bit from the mplayer documentation to start learning how
to use it:

man mplayer

Janina