OT: GAIM with Orca

guy schlosser guyster at buckeye-express.com
Tue Nov 7 16:56:01 EST 2006

Hey all, sorry for the off-topic nature of this post, but I'm having
a problem I'd like to bounce off someone and see what could be
causing it.  First off, good going Tomas, with the backend for Orca
and Speech-dispatcher.  I installed it, and got Orca successfully
working with Espeak.  Now for my question.  When I launched GAIM
yesterday, I could not read the buddy list.  When I used the up and
down arrows, I would here nothing.  I reran orca --setup, because I
didn't here "switching to focus tracking mode" on bootup, but now
Gaim won't stay open at all.  I get to the dialogue that says that I
have mail, hit the close button, and go straight back to the
desktop.  Also, how do I get sounds to play at the same time as
Orca?  For example, MP3 files, etc.  Is there any plugins I need to
install in Fedora 6 to get MP3 support?  As always, thanks in advance
for the help.

Guy