GRML with Festival/Speakup/Speech-Dispatcher

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Mon Nov 6 18:30:24 EST 2006

* Eric Magnus <emagnus at proactusa.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to remaster grml with festival instead of flite (which is
> already included).  Has anyone successfully done this, and if so, how?
> The grml swspeak boot option seems to only work with flite.  I've
> installed festival and speech-dispatcher-festival with apt-get and set
> the speechd.conf file for festival default, but I can't seem to get it
> working - is there something I'm missing?

I used festival only in interactive mode without
speech-dispatcher-festival so far.

But I can help you of course in the remastering related stuff.
If you tell me what to do I could extend the swspeak code to support
festival as well.

Just drop me a mail with further details.

-mika-
--
 ,'"`.         http://www.michael-prokop.at/
(  grml.org -» Linux Live-CD for texttool-users and sysadmins