Disappointed.

Michael Whapples mikster4 at msn.com
Mon Nov 6 05:19:43 EST 2006

If you are confident enough to compile your kernel, I would suggest patching
and compiling your own kernel. This will give you speakup, and it should be
enough to get going with a hardware synth. This will not require much to
download.

The other option would be for you to try a different distro that includes
speakup on the normal discs, some are Slackware and Gentoo, although there
may be others. In these cases, you can either download the disc images, or
if that is too much, then you could buy the discs.

From
Michael Whapples