SEEM TO BE ERRORS ON SOME FEDORA 6 CD's

Albert E. Sten-Clanton albert.e.sten_clanton at verizon.net
Sat Nov 4 10:38:57 EST 2006

Greetings!

A few days ago, I copied the five FC6 installation CD images, the rescue CD image, and the four source CD images to a directory and then put each on a CD.

Yesterday, I booted up with the first installation CD.  I decided to test all the CD's, and got messages that two through five of the installation CD's had errors, as well as the third and fourth source CD's.  I downloaded the second image again last night and tested it this morning.  I again got a failure message.

I'd considered that my CD burner might be screwing up, since I got errors from a GRML image I also downloaded and copied to a CD yesterday.  I dout that's the problem, though:  last night, I accidentally copied one of the good source images to another CD, and it passed the test.

Is there anything else I should do to determine whether this is really a problem with the iso images?

I note that I haven't yet figured out how to use the files on the site to check the quality of my downloads.  I'm using Lynx.  When I press the right arrow, it goes into the file; it doesn't bring me to where I can download it, as it does with all the installation and source images.  >From what I've read about MD5SUM, I think I'm supposed to have this file (I think one of these is called SHA1SUM) on the hard drive, so that I can use it to check the downloaded images.

I'll appreciate any info that will either help me if I'm missing something here or warn me to wait for better images.  Thanks!

Al