A couple problems

guy schlosser guyster at buckeye-express.com
Wed Nov 1 11:38:15 EST 2006

Hey there Willem, thanks for the response.  Before I tried to compile
Espeak, I did try to run the binary version.  I got an error message
that said "unable to open shared library libportaudio.so.0."  I have
both places where shared libraries are stored in my system listed in
ld.so.conf.  I then did a yum install portaudio* and a package named
something like portaudio-18.18.fc6.rpm was
installed.  libportaudio.so was found when I did "whereis
libportaudio*", but no .so.0.  I'm thoroughly confused.  Today, I
compiled portaudio from source, and still don't see
libportaudio.so.0.  Help!!!  Again, thanks in advance for all the help.

Thanks,

Guy