triple talk tricks

John Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Tue May 30 15:05:54 EDT 2006

Yeah, I use a tripletalk external too. The only problem is that it takes
about 1 minute to initialize. You get messages scrolling on the screen
"timed out waiting for input" or something like that. But eventually it
comes up.

I just used it today with a speakup enabled knoppix CD to rescue somebody's
files off their crashed Windows PC.  Boot knoppix, 'echo ltlk >
/proc/speakup/synth_name', mount /dev/hda1, a couple of gzip and scp
commands later and they had all their files back.

budda-bing, budda-boom!