synthesizer?

Tyler Littlefield compgeek13 at gmail.com
Mon May 29 19:55:37 EDT 2006

Hay list,
First, I was wondering if someone agrees with me here.
I have a double talk synthesizer (the external) when I install debian, I use the ltlk driver if that helps. anyway, it has its moods, sometimes it talks, and sometimes it doesn't, I tried running the boot cd, and it didn't talk, I tried plugging it into windows, and it didn't talk.
It always talks when I turn it on though.
I am thinking there is a short in the serial cable.
Is there something I can do for it? I can't afford a new one. It took me long enough to find a comp that I could put linux on.
If not, does anyone have synthesizers? if so, how much would you be willing to sell them for?
Thanks,