sound and linux?

Georgina Joyce gena at genaj.plus.com
Mon May 29 13:32:35 EDT 2006

Hi

I'd posted another posting on this subject which didn't make it because I'd neglected to trim it.  Although, the lister has got his sound sorted out, I feel that it may be useful to him to explore his system and learn about his hardware.

I worote a few hours ago:

Could you:

$ less /var/log/dmesg

and paste the top line of the file, mine is:

Linux version 2.6.15.4 (gena at orchid)

Could you:

$ lspci

and look for a line like.

0000:00:0a.0 Multimedia audio controller: Creative Labs SB Live! EMU10k1 (rev 06)

Could you:

$ lsmod

and report whether there's anything looking like a snd device.

Have you run alsaconf?

--
2E0AXU

Freedom & Power provided by debian GNU Linux