sound and linux?

Georgina Joyce gena at genaj.plus.com
Mon May 29 06:18:46 EDT 2006

Hi

So you jumped in without a clue to what your talking about?  You are right in that over history, there has been changes.  However, you'll note that I'm using the newest drivers and the snd prefix is there.

You have a problem with someone encouraging someone to read about their particular system?

Your intervention is not helping the lister at all, your just looking for a fight, why?

The question didn't include a number of essential facts, like what distribution, and whether a stock kernel is being used or a custom built one.  Because the complaint was that modprobe emu10k1 did not work, then snd-emu10k1 might.  So why are you insisting that it is without the snd prefix when the original question stated that it doesn't work?

Gena