sound and linux?

randy turner rturner222 at sbcglobal.net
Sun May 28 20:06:44 EDT 2006

hi tyler,
have you read the doc /usr/src/linux/README yet??
do you have a new kernel source installed yet?
are you running a 2.4 kernel or a 2.6 kernel?
i need to knowwhat you have done so far?
i am using slackware myself
in mycase i have the slackware cds
so i install the kernel source from that.
or if i want a later kernel i go to kernel.org
and download the kernel from there.
get in the /usr/src directory and install the kernel like this example
gzip -cd linux-2.6.16.14.tar.gz | tar xvf -
ln -s /usr/src/linux-2.6.16.14 /usr/src/linux
when you get it installed
read the file in the /usr/src/linux directory README
go up to linux-speakup.org
and get there checkout script and download speakup from cvs
but before we go too much farther tell me where you are at.