sound and linux?

Georgina Joyce gena at genaj.plus.com
Sun May 28 19:14:02 EDT 2006

On Sun, May 28, 2006 at 03:41:07PM -0400, ace wrote:
> Actually, the snd- part was removed; thus making it emu10k1.  So,
> should you be talking about reading docs?
Well here's my list and I'm running from this source alsa-driver-1.0.11.tar.bz2 but there's no snd there is there.

snd_mpu401_uart         6440  -
snd_emu10k1           124164  -
snd_rawmidi            20512  -
snd_ac97_codec         93384  -
snd_ac97_bus            1800  -
snd_pcm_oss            39040  -
snd_mixer_oss          16456  -
snd_pcm                80848  -
snd_seq_device          7092  -
snd_timer              21164  -
snd_page_alloc          8528  -
snd_util_mem            3272  -
snd_hwdep               7276  -
snd                    49984  -
ndiswrapper           168400  -
pl2303                 19148  -

> At 03:04 PM 5/28/2006, you wrote:
> >On Sat, May 27, 2006 at 09:24:32PM -0600, Tyler Littlefield wrote:
> > > Hay,
> > > I was told to do a modprobe a while back for emu-10k1, and that
> > hasn't helped, I still don't have any sound,
> > > Are there any other ideas?
> >
> >Don't you read any docs yourself.  Do you think we're got nothing
> >better to do than sit here waiting for you to fire your next question?
> >
> >I don't know who gave you the above command but the module for the
> >sound blaster live is snd-emu10k1 thus your command would be:
> >
> >modprobe snd-emu10k1
> >
> >That's as much spoon feeding your going to get, there's more modules
> >to be loaded.
> >
> >Gena
> > > Thanks,
> >---end quoted text---
> >
> >--
> >2E0AXU
> >
> >Freedom & Power provided by debian GNU Linux

---end quoted text---