getting ram info, and needing mutt config scripts

Georgina Joyce gena at genaj.plus.com
Sun May 28 14:44:49 EDT 2006

Hi

Nothing like striking a double blow!

On the memory issue, not sure I'd look through the proc file system.  Not sure if /var/log/dmesg also states the ram.

The ~/.muttrc is the hardest part of using mutt and causes new users the biggest head ache.  There a number of .muttrc builders which the mutt-users at mutt.org list advise, newbies of the route to take.  I had difficultly in using a builder with lynx because it was a java script controled site.  A simple search on google will find many examples you can copy and paste.  Use the manual too, it's quite well laid out but can be limited in detail at times.

Gena
On Sat, May 27, 2006 at 09:23:53PM -0600, Tyler Littlefield wrote:
> Hay list,
> I was wondering if anyone new how to find out how much ram is in a system. I just installed a stick, but I don't know if it is recognizing it.
> Also, does anyone have any config files for mutt?
> Last thing, samba for some reason just quit working. Any ideas?
> thanks,
---end quoted text---

--
2E0AXU

Freedom & Power provided by debian GNU Linux