State of accessibility in linux

David Poehlman david.poehlman at handsontechnologeyes.com
Sat May 27 08:31:04 EDT 2006

I like voice over with shell.

On May 25, 2006, at 6:52 AM, sean murphy wrote:

Hi Andrew,

The accessibility to Linux varies depending on which application you are
using.  I know of four applications for the shell environment.

Speakup
Emacs speak (its own desktop environment)
BRLTTY (only used with braille displays)
IBM (They have a screen reader which I know very little about)

There is a XWindows screen reader, but I don't know much about it and
how
good it is.  If anyone on the list could add some info to this, I
would be
welcomed.  I would like to know how it compares to Windows or MAC.

Sean